Saturday, January 17, 2009


Well, school has begun, and I really enjoy having the pressure of projects being due. I pretty much like all of my classes, some more than others.. Color media is demanding, skill-wise.. I do not like watercolor, I suck at it. It's kind of a stressful media, no real do-overs. I like being able to erase, or go over.. I hope I can get a better grasp on this in the future. Drawing for illustration is a wild class. Our teacher is definitely a free spirit. She gets us out of our comfort zone and challenges us to think outside of the box, try different things, etc. I'm not the best illustrator, there's some kids that are stand-outs in the whole charcoal media... I refuse to be intimidated or feel inferior, I'm just not as skilled, and I'm fine w/ it. Web page design is alright so far, I actually get the beginning of html coding.. concept development is cool, I dig the whole brainstorming process, and I'm pretty good at it. My favorite class has to be typographic design- the teacher is extremely knowledgeable, and he has 30+ years in the graphic design field. I'm a letter guy, so I foresee myself having the most success in this class. None of my teachers are dicks, my fellow classmates seem to have a grip on things, and I'm looking forward to getting alot out of this semester. 

No comments: